SOC 204

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SOC 204

NETWORKING TO THE MAX!

5 posters

Question concerning the "theories" we need to write about for this question

vit0ria37

Question concerning the "theories" we need to write about for this question Empty Question concerning the "theories" we need to write about for this question

Post  vit0ria37 Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:13 pm

I'm not too sure about this question. Would the filter process and arranged marriage be considered a "theory"?
    What theories are there exactly in regards to partner selection?
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Question concerning the "theories" we need to write about for this question Empty Re: Question concerning the "theories" we need to write about for this question

Post  Admin Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:13 pm

Not sure. But I thin k they are thories... haven't found anything else
    atgeller

Question concerning the "theories" we need to write about for this question Empty Re: Question concerning the "theories" we need to write about for this question

Post  atgeller Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:52 pm

yes i think both of those would be considered theories. i also think that cohabitation could be considered a theory because you can either live together before or after marriage, am i correct? i'm not too sure what other theories there are though
    Loretta

Post  Loretta Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:43 pm

i think the theories are simply the societal factors in the text book. i dont thinkt here are actual theories he is looking for.
    for example in chapter 5 page 113, under status attainment it starts with "conflict theorists stress...." so obviously status attainment is a theory of partner selection
    emily12191

Post  emily12191 Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:27 pm

i think he mentioned a theory from WINCH, called complimentary theory. this theory says that people select the partner that "completes" them...i'm sure there's more to this but i don't know it. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:29 pm